Saturday, September 1, 2012

NOTD: Essie's Penny Talk

As Mar said, fall is around the corner so I chose a more fall appropriate polish today. To me, some of the most autumn type colors are warm colors and this polish is a good example, not to mention absolutely gorgeous!!

Please, allow me to introduce you to Essie's Penny Talk. This polish, from Essie's 2012 Mirror Metallics collection, is a coppery metallic color. People have been calling it rose gold and I agree, it matches perfectly with my MK watch! In the sun you can see the micro shimmer particles (as you can see in the picture above) and in less intense light (for example indoors as in the picture below) it really looks like a matte foil on your nails. It is unlike any polish I own.


 Let's talk formula. As with most metallics, this is kind of hard to apply. It is very thick, dries very fast and the streaks are very visible. If you work fast and make sure to not cover the same spot twice while painting the same coat, you should be fine. The finish was semi-matte and even after I applied my beloved Seche Vite, my nails do not look glossy. While this is perfectly okay with me because the color looks good, I still thought it was worth mentioning.


I can't wait to wear this color during the holiday season! It'll be a great polish year round for sure. Tell me fellow AA'ers, would it be crazy for me to buy a backup even though I've only worn this once? I think I just might!

-Iman

P.S. Sometimes when my nails chip or I get bored, I like to freshen up my manis with a little nail art. This one turned out so well I couldn't wait to share with you! Penny Talk, some cut up tape, and a very old peach polish from Icing and we have...


Hope you like it!


2 comments: